Read Up On It – For February 3rd, 2012
This week’s edition of Read Up On It talks about the future of the cookbook, eating out and most important of all: how to make an old fashioned cocktail.
Raspberry sorbet, ready to go…
- Wired is not exactly where one expects to find stories about food. But then again, they are talking about Humphry Slocombe, possibly the craziest and most ingenious ice cream maker of all time. Includes recipe for Humphry Slocombe’s Apple Coded Bacon. #digitalomnomnom
- Also in The Guardian, suggestions on how to make one’s own birch syrup. This is the second story I’ve seen about this topic. #trend?
- For those of us who have the disposable income (and possibly a gym membership), The Atlantic discusses how to eat out and now get fat.
- This one is for the coffee snobs out there. Serious Eats talks about why you should taste your coffee before you pour in all that cream and sugar.
- A canadian blog called The Wine Case offers up an interesting take on whether chocolate and wine go together, or not?
- The Globe & Mail posts an interview with food writer Rob Lyons, who argues that local food is unimportant and overblown.
- And last but not least, a video on how to make the perfect Old Fashioned. Kampai!