Read Up On It – For April 6th, 2012
It’s that time of year again. Yeah, it’s Easter, but that’s not the big deal. It’s time for candy!
All I really want for Easter is a chocolate bunny with rice crisps inside. That’s all.
Anyone want to donate one? Nah. I’ll wait until after Easter when they go on sale.
Image via Mental Floss
- I’ve never been a fan of Peeps. But if you are, check out this gallery of images from inside the factory from the New York Times.
- Speaking of things I’d rather not eat, there’s still a lot of debate going around “pink slime”, or Lean Finely Textured Beef. Mark Bittman over at the NYT talks about it, as does noted food policy critic Marion Nestle over at The Atlantic.
- Speaking of food problems, did you know that there was a really poor crop of vanilla this year? Expect the price of ice cream and soft drinks to go up. (Via The Telegraph)
- In happier news, Nova Scotia is looking to start an appelation system similar to the ones found in Europe. (Via Wines & Vines)
- I never would’ve thought that Halifax would find itself with two butcher shops. Looks like the Hydrostone will soon have meat on its mind. (Via The Chronicle Herald)
- Oy, I’m such a goy. I forgot all about Passover. The Huffington Post has an interesting (though vaguely PR-esque) story about Manischewitz, the name on most people’s minds when shopping for seder.
Have a great weekend!